- Heartbreakers – Starring: Sigourney Weaver, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ray Liotta, Jason Lee, Jeffrey Jones, Gene Hackman, Nora Dunn, and Anne Bancroft. Plot Outline -A mother and daughter con team seduce and scam wealthy men.A mother and daughter con team seduce and scam wealthy men. Hmmm….Entertaining.
- Keeping Up With The Steins – Starring Jeremy Piven, Jami Gertz, Garry Marshall, Doris Roberts, Darly Hannah, Larry Miller, Darly Sabara. Plot Outline-Story of a 13-year-old boy who uses his upcoming bar mitzvah to reconcile the strained relationship between his father and grandfather. In my opinion Jeremy Piven is an underrated actor/comedian. Great entertainment for the whole family.
- Catch & Release – Starring Jennifer Garner,Timothy Olyphant,Sam Jaeger, Juliette Lewis. Plot Outline – A woman struggles to accept the death of her fiancé and the secrets he kept from her as she rebuilds her life. A bit slow moving, but otherwise a good storyline. Perhaps it comes across more of a made for television movie.
- Smoking Aces – Star studded casts starring Jeremy Piven, Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia, Ben Affleck, Peter Berg, Ryan Reynolds,Joseph Rushkin, Alicia Keys. Plot Outline – When a Las Vegas performer-turned-snitch named Buddy Israel (Piven) decides to turn state’s evidence and testify against the mob, it seems that a whole lot of people would like to make sure he’s no longer breathing. To me this story has just as many holes as those created by the number of bullets. And it makes the FBI look like a bunch of fools. The stars too were not given enough room in the story to show just how great they really are. Only Jeremy Piven had it and did a great job.
- The Nativity Story – Starring Keisha Castle-Hughes, Oscar Isaac, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Alexander Siddig. Plot Outline – A drama that focuses on the period in Mary and Joseph’s life where they journeyed to Bethlehem for the birth of Jesus. I think the film gives depth to the story. In which it portrays the feelings, initial uncertainty and the challenges in which Mary and Joseph had to face during that period.
- The Importance Of Being Earnest – Starring Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Reese Witherspoon, Judi Dench, Frances O’connor. Plot Outline – Two young gentlemen (Rupert Everett & Colin Firth) living in 1890s England use the same pseudonym (“Ernest”) on the sly, which is fine until they both fall in love with women using that name, which leads to a comedy of mistaken identities. I must say Reese is a very versatile actress and Judi Dench plays her role to perfection. Colin and Rupert are a great pair and if you are a fan of British humour this one is not too shabby and has a unique storyline to go with it.
- Four Brothers - Starring Mark Wahlberg,Tyrese Gibson,Andre Benjamin, Terence Howard,Garrett Hedlund, Josh Charles. Plot outline – Four brothers look to avenge their mother’s death. Some movies are just worth watching twice and this is one of them!
Filed under: Movies&Concerts